TRAFFIC SAFETY TIPS
According to data in Kentucky during 2014, there were more than 53,500 collisions where driver distraction was noted as a factor. These crashes resulted in more than14,000 injuries and 170 fatalities. These numbers account for 42% of the total crashes and 25% of the total fatal crashes occuring on Kentucky's roadways last year.
Tips for Managing Distractions
• Keep 100% of your attention on driving
• Practice defensive driving − be aware of others around you and expect the unexpected.
• Don’t use a cell phone or any other electronic
device while driving. Pull over to talk or text.
• Pull over to if you must talk or to eat. It takes
only a few minutes.
• Give yourself time to react. Keep a two second cushion between you and the car in front of you.
• Don’t speed − it gives you less time to react.
• Always wear your seat belt and drive sober!